- Our Systems engineering roles encourage rewarding, tangible and timely outcomes so that you will see output for your input
- Great working relationship with the customer, many of our programs have sustained a healthy customer relationship over multiple decades
- An unrestricted passion to develop our people and the flexibility and mobility to experience adjacent programs
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Systems Engineering Professional in a select team of engineers providing systems engineering capability across numerous defence activities.
This is a newly established Systems Engineering initiative and you will work across a number of our programs and will be based in either Richmond, Victoria or North Ryde, Sydney.
About the Opportunity
This is a strategic initiative to spread our acquisition capability across critical undertakings but also to provide an attractive proposition to the defence industries' finest talent to keep stimulated and engaged in best practice systems engineering.
This opportunity will see you:
- Deployed to critical Defence programs to supply requisite systems engineering rigour, best practice benchmarks and discipline leadership
- Develop and manage system requirements and design including system and subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, design documentation, component and interface specifications
- Perform system engineering activities including requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, verification and validation, acceptance testing and certification
- Embrace and champion the transition towards a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology across the business
- Participate in ensuring that designs meet all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Utilise domain, discipline and systems engineering knowledge to enable, support and deliver products robustly, demonstrating they meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to obtain or already hold an Australian Defence Clearance
- Experience in an ASDEFCON program would be advantageous
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within an Electronics, Software, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience coupled with engineering experience in a relevant discipline
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
Whilst not essential, Systems engineering experience in a Defence environment and a current Defence security clearance will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:
Applications should be addressed to:
Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.