Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We reduce customer contact friction and we challenge the "everyday experience".
Our tech makes it simple for people to connect, to get information, and to recognise who you are. No PINs, no passwords, no complex string of digits - our technology understands you and your voice.
Nuance is a global leader in our market in AI powered customer interactions and voice biometric verification.
You will join Nuance's Australian services team - an experienced team of over 30 professionals comprising software developers, designers, DevOps engineers, QA engineers, and solution architects. The services built and operated by you and this team process millions of daily interactions in Australia.
- Have application development experience in a commercial environment
- Have experience in a modern team environment building or consuming web services through a REST API, with JSON, or XML.
- Have some familiarity with software development techniques such as: MVC, MVVM, IoC.
- Are an active team participant and enjoy working collaboratively
- Are not afraid of hard problems and willing to learn
- Create and maintain applications targeting .Net Core, .Net Framework and JVMs
- Producing and reviewing design documentation (in Confluence / MS Word)
- Application design and development in (C# / Java / ASP.NET Core)
- Craftsmanship; design patterns, code reviews, clean coding, secure coding and unit testing
- A bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or similar.
- Have 2+ years' experience in a commercial environment.
- Must be willing to undergo and maintain an Australian Government security clearance at BASELINE level - Australian citizenship is a mandatory requirement for BASELINE clearance.
- Brisbane near-CBD location with end of trip facilities plus ready access to train-line, bus, bikeway and an undercover car parking space.
- The opportunity to further your career working with a NASDAQ company in the AI space.
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth
- Competitive salary package and benefits
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.