CALLING ALL DREAMERS, DOERS AND GAME-CHANGERS
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role:
Your long-term career with one of the top ten design firms in the world starts here.
Our Melbourne Hydraulic team are seeking a recent graduate, or undergraduate of Mechanical Engineering keen to begin their career in Hydraulic Services consulting.
Our Graduate Engineers design low complexity projects under the instructions and guidance of Project Engineers and Engineers. The successful candidate will be able to apply their technical skills and demonstrate commitment in a way which ensures projects are thoroughly designed, personally reviewed and delivered on time. You will demonstrate an interest and awareness of the commercial aspects of projects.
Stantec are involved in a vast variety of project types including retail, office, residential, high rise, industrial, education etc. The successful candidate will be working in strong team environment and will need to manage several projects at any one time. You will be self-motivated, resourceful and a great communicator.
Day to day tasks would involve:
To be successful for this role you'll need:
- Assist Senior and Project Engineers in completing projects in terms of program, profitability, technical risk management and overall Client satisfaction
- Specification and report writing.
- Site and building surveys.
- Attending project meetings.
- Adhere to professional standards, ethics and quality procedures.
- Contribute to our company culture
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of relevant Australian Standards and Codes
- Previous internship experience in a similar role would be useful
- Revit experience advantageous
- Ability to multitask and deliver projects in a timely manner
- The ability to use initiative and think outside the box
- Experience in delegation and managing other team members during tertiary projects desirable
Graduate Hydraulic Engineer or Intern - Melbourne
Mechanical Engineering degree or similar
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Be eligible to work in Australia
- Have completed your respective degree or be in your last or penultimate year of study
- Have a full clean current driving license
How to apply
Apply directly online. We require you to:
- Supply your transcript to date (you will need to include this in your resume attachment)
- Include a cover letter outlining why you are applying and why we should shortlist you for interview.
- Confirm your specific visa status, if applicable.
- For more information on our Graduate Program and FAQs, visit our website https://www.stantec.com/en/offices/australia-locations-hub/australia-graduates
Due to the anticipated high number of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Sunday 19 September 2021
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
- Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave
- Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
- Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Professional Memberships
- Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI)
- Service Recognition Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Australia-New South Wales Sydney, Australia-Victoria Melbourne