Requirements of the Job
- The right person will have passion for software development, application architecture and technology in general, as well as a desire to work with, educate and inspire developer community ecosystems
- Ability to work with all levels of customer engagement – start-ups, enterprises, mid-market, and the ability to organize and explain complex technical concepts to development teams and executive-level audiences
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills are a must, with the ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts clearly in one-to-one and one-to-many public presentations
- Be highly technical and analytical, possess 7+ years of current solution architecture (implementation, development & consulting) experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading a development team in a professional production environment
- Experience architecting commercial application solutions, with expertise in Mobile/Cloud/Web/System/Data development for Linux & Windows, and development on mobile platforms such as iOS & Android.
- The role is based in Melbourne Australia, however travel throughout Australia and New Zealand will be required.
Do you like helping customers solve business problems through highly scalable and dynamic cloud-based applications? Do you have a knack for helping developers understand infrastructure & application architectures including agile DevOps approaches?
AWS is looking for a Cloud Application Architect, a highly technical individual who can dive deep, build cloud-optimized application architectures, and help develop AWS marketing and business strategies. The Application Architect role has influence into our product roadmap by working closely with customers and AWS product teams, helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform.
As the ideal candidate, you are as comfortable whiteboarding complex application architectures with software engineers and other technical stakeholders. You will also frequently brief executive and senior business sponsors.
You should be skilled in a wide variety of architectures (e.g. SOA, microservices), DevOps practices, inter-networking and continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD). You will engage and inspire the broad developer community and foster adoption of the AWS platform, SDKs, development tools and technologies for the creation of full-stack applications and systems on AWS.
You will be working directly with customers, engaging in one-to-one and one-to-many forums. Strong public speaking and writing skills are required, and deep familiarity with AWS Services experience is required.
As a Cloud Application Architect you will support customers’ developers and engineering teams whether they are experienced or new to the AWS platform. Through thought leadership and knowledge sharing, you will help customers understand how to build highly available, secure and cost effective application architectures on AWS.
Content Creation and Events
As a Cloud Application Architect you will be responsible for the delivery and creation of developer-relevant field content and documentation, public presentations and bootcamps. You will also create developer content such as demonstrations, sample code, blog posts, tutorials and other highly-reusable artefacts for application architects, software engineers and developers.
You will also be an active participant in developer-focused customer-facing events where developers are center stage. You will drive the conversations, share ideas, support the developer community ecosystem and provide feedback into the AWS Service teams.
- Be an active member of the AWS Solution Architecture team by driving on-to-one and one-to-many application architecture and development discussions with developers, software engineers, enterprise/solution architects and CTOs
- Accelerating adoption of AWS in the student, startup and professional developer communities by engaging through conferences, startup events, meetups, user groups and hackathons
- Help lead the direction for AWS developer events to make them best-in-class from a developer’s perspective, representing AWS through speaking, live demos and interacting with attendees
- Creating technical content such as reference apps, starter kits and patterns and practical guidance that will get developers excited about the potential of AWS as a development platform
- Contributing to a library of highly-reusable developer-focused artefacts such as demonstrations, sample code, blog posts, tutorials, lunch & learns, webinars and other modes of technical enablement
- Providing end-user feedback to AWS Product Management and Engineering teams based on the ‘voice of the developer customer‘.
- Drive the technical and design discussions with AWS technical teams to help accelerate customer adoption and ensure best practice implementations
- Computer Science, Software Engineering or Math background is required
- Deep working knowledge of software development practices, tooling technologies and end-to-end practices is a must