Business Need / Purpose of Role
As being part of a global process team, the process engineer is responsible for all the activities required for regional Enduron HPGR Technology adoption in both Greenfield and Brownfield applications.
As the equipment is a key asset of the customer’s operation, a wider knowledge of the processing plant is required. Allowing you to add value to our clients, demonstrating operational savings and advantages of Enduron HPGR adoption and general plant optimisation.
You will be closely working together with the Regional Manager HPGR devolping new opportunities in the region. Being the regional technical expert your tasks are very dynamic and vary from first-hand interaction with product end-users on site to product promotion at different layers within engineering/ resource companies up to providing internal Weir product training.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities
- Comminution Flowsheet Analyses:
- Obtain relevant operational parameters to gain understanding of the processing plant both by plant audits and data review.
- Use plant modelling software (Aggflow, JKSim, IES) to replicate existing modelling baseline.
- Devolop optimized model including HPGR
- Demonstrate operational savings (Reduced energy, increase throughput, lower grinding media consumption) and develop cost of ownership model.
- Present the proposed solution and benefits to our clients.
- HPGR test work:
- Design, prepare and submit proposals
- Set-up test plan and coordinate with test center team
- Time planning of test work in test center
- Check incoming test material
- Follow up and review test work progress
- Analyse results, prepare final test report and submit it to customers
- Discuss test results with customers
- HPGR Machine Selection:
- Review available sizing input
- Calculate required HPGR size, tyre life time and tyre surface recommendation
- Simulate the HPGR product
- Support the Regional Manager during the tendering phase; reviewing datasheets / quotations and support during technical meetings with the clients.
- Review requested warranty at quotation stage and populate warranty statements and pre-conditions for capacity, product size, energy consumption, wear life and machine availability.
- Training of Weir regional teams on HPGR process knowledge and product adoption.
- On site process audit to identify improvement opportunities and support our clients with OE and AM
- Supporting Product Management with regional product feedback and recognizing product opportunities for business development.
- Prepare papers for publication, present papers at seminars
- Travel to customer sites and/or Weir Minerals offices will be necessary from time to time
Authorisations and responsibilities
- Is authorised to:
- Sign HPGR machine selections / sizings
- Analyse results and discuss these results with the customer
- Recommend possible optimisations (flowsheet options, material parameters)
- Organise / Execute on-site process audits
- Is responsible for:
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Assess processes, take measurements, iteprete data and perform simulations
- Perform Risk Assesments - Set-up performance warranties and pre-conditions
- Quality and priorities of the testwork
- Quality of all relevant administration;
- Working in accordance with the safety guidelines
Job knowledge / Other requirements
- Proven work experience in process engineering
- Excellent technical skills and confident to present them
- Knowledge of process related standards
- Experience in process simulations
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
- BS degree in Engineering