We are Symal
Symal ‘meaning together’ is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. We’ve always been a construction company determined to make a meaningful difference and we’re proud to have some of the best in the game working with us. We’re known as a young and ambitious group filled with energy, momentum, and innovation to drive change with bold thinking making us leaders in the building and construction industry. We cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development.
Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry. We are driving change together.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Student in their final year to start their career as a Graduate Site Engineer in our 2023 Ignite Graduate Program in NSW. In this role you will assist managing and coordinating projects efficiently, safely, and profitably but supporting the project team with the delivery of tasks relating to project management, client relationships and occupational health, safety, environment and quality.
We pride ourselves on our Graduate program where you will work side by side with senior management and specially selected mentors, you’ll be immersed in a live project environment right from the start.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or equivalent (Graduating by December 2022)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Highly motivated with a keen interest to lean
- Thrives in a fast paced working environment
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to regional projects (if required)
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow. For our people, that means creating a culture of opportunity, enterprise, inclusion, and equality where we celebrate, nurture, and educate.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates must have valid working rights.
Job Type: Full-time