About the role
We are seeking a dynamic and driven Mechanical HVAC Engineer to join our thriving Melbourne Mechanical team. The role is suitable for a qualified candidate who has experience designing commercial Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) building projects.
You will be able to work independently to deadlines, with an ability to work on several projects at different stages of completion. The role will enable the successful applicant to develop in a professional and personal sense and to forge a challenging and rewarding career path, in a successful firm. We are currently working on a wide range of health care, commercial office and retail, residential, industrial and institutional buildings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- HVAC design and contract administration duties in accordance with code and company quality standards
- HVAC Engineering, heat load calculations, equipment and reticulation sizing and selection, coordination and documentation
- Assist Project Engineers in successfully completing projects, with focus on program, documentation, profitability, technical aspects, risk management and overall Client satisfaction
- Report and specification writing
- Site surveys and audits
- Representation at project meetings
Skills & Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in similar role required
- Diverse HVAC design experience
- Proficient in the use of industry standard software
- Proficient in producing project tender design packages and contract administration duties
- Experience of relevant Australian Standards and Codes
- Revit experience advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Previous experience in a similar role highly desirable
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Adhere to professional standards, ethics and quality procedures
- Contribute to our team and company culture
$70,000 - $90,000
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!