At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
The Production Process Engineer, reporting to the Superintendent Production, will be responsible for identifying and implementing production and safety improvements at the port. With a clear bias to action, you will work hand in hand with the teams operating the plant day to day to assist increasing production stability and throughput.:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Understanding and management of production and safety risk including management of operational changes
- Short term monitoring of production processes and identifying actions to increase production stability or throughout
- Working with Production, Maintenance and Engineering execution teams to implement changes to the plant operations and monitoring results and adjusting where required
- Working with complex and large data sets to manage and maintain predictive models and process control algorithms to optimise plant operations and throughout
- Identify, scope and supervisor minor plant upgrades
In this residential role on a 5/2 roster, you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position, you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
The behavioural qualities you exhibit in this role will be critical to set the expectation to all employees at Port to ensure the timely delivery of improvement projects.
Therefore, you must be passionate and have high energy levels, to ensure that together we are improving Port everyday.
You will possess the following:
- 'Safety first' as an uncompromised core value
- Constant demonstration of the BHP charter values and the ability to remain honest and transparent when reporting progress
- Self-motivated with a strong bias towards action and a track record of ‘getting things done’
- Ability to drive change in a fast and dynamic production environment
- Able to engage and influence a broad number of stakeholders from front line operators to management
- Ability to break large problems in to short term goals and clear work plans
- Willingness to challenge the status-quo and look seek ‘breakthrough’ performance
A relevant tertiary education is preferred but not essential, a strong and robust track record of challenging current operating practices, systems and process and short term delivering production improvements is paramount.
Experience in advanced process control concepts or statistical analysis and control would be desirable.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Reference 161665#LIWA