Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, Meadow Lea, and many more.
Our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
An opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineer to join our team, based at our Clayton manufacturing site and reporting to the manufacturing manager. This role will focus on identifying and delivering cost down, waste reduction and quality improvement initiatives across the site. You will play a key role in driving change management towards a process control approach by identifying and implementing best practice solutions and technology to drive process stability, reliability and capability.
Specifically, you will:
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Align process improvement initiatives with site waste reduction and cost down targets
- Drive improvements in line efficiencies and productivity
- Stabilise and error proof processes through automation and data analytics
- Driving change management towards a process control approach
- Ensure user friendly process control plans are in place and documented
- Possess PLC/SCADA/HMI systems integration and programming skills
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly data reports on equipment reliability
- Ensure improvement projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Degree qualification in Engineering
- Certificate or formal qualification in Project Management highly regarded
- 4-8 years' engineering and project process improvement experience, preferably within a Chemical, Pharmaceutical or an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Experience in implementing process control and automation projects
- Initiative and the ability to self-start and self-motivate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong stakeholder management
- Ability to thrive and perform in periods of change, complexity and ambiguity
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home-grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.